It has been quite a busy week.
Monday
In the previous post you saw the Girl Scout ceremony.
Tuesday
I went to Amber's Award Ceremony where she received an award for making high honor roll (that means all A's). I was going to take a picture of this, but I would have had to stand up and I did not want to embarass Amber at her new school. I left the awards ceremony and went to Erin's field trip to the Huntsville Utilities. Now, I had to take the day off and was not extremely happy about the field trip, but to my surprise it was a very fun and informative field trip. For instance, I did not know that the first settler of Huntsville was John Hunt. He named the area around Big Springs Park Twickenham, and it was later changed to Huntsville after him. Also, John Hunt established one of the very first utility systems by hollowing out logs to carry water to all the homes. This pipe system was discovered as Huntsville grew and is now on display at the Smithsonian. Finally, I learned that any insulator will become a conductor if it gets wet. Here is a picture of Erin's class:
Wednesday
This is the day that I discovered through my audit that the Federal Government has been ripped off to the tune of over $850,000 for one of these wonderful government programs that we are probably going to have more of in about 2 weeks. And nobody seems to care!!
Thursday
I received a driving award on my way to Riverside. It is gonna set me back $155. The somewhat funny thing about this is that the same State Trooper wrote me a ticket back in January on the other side of town.
Friday
Although this day has not come yet, I will be cooking Taco Soup for 75 college students tomorrow evening. AND, I will be driving 45 down a street that should be AT LEAST 55.
2 comments:
Driving awards? I like it I own at least a couple of dozen of those. My favorite? Coming down from the Chinook Pass next Mt. Rainier in Washington. I was going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit, but they have zero tolerance when the caribou are moving. Driving awards must run in our family!!!!!!!!!
Yep, Tammy gets lots of those awards as well.
Post a Comment