Monday, November 16, 2009

Yummy Soup!

I went to Olive Garden a couple of weeks ago to celebrate a friend's birthday. I ordered the Pasta Fagioli Soup, which I love! I remembered as I was eating it that I had a recipe for it. A few days after I ate there, Stuart met a friend at Olive Garden and ordered the same thing. He came home and said "Didn't you use to have a recipe for that?" So, I took that as a sign to dig out the recipe. I cooked it tonight. It is super easy and delicious!!

Pasta Fagioli Soup


1.5 pounds ground beef
1 c. onion-chopped
1 c. celery-diced
1 c. carrots-slivered
1- 24 oz. can chopped tomatoes
1- 15.5 oz. can dark red kidney beans (drained)
1- 15.5 oz. can light red kidney beans (drained)
3- 14.5 oz. cans beef broth
2 T. Oregano
1 t. pepper
3 T. parsley, chopped
2 t. tobasco (exclude for milder taste) (I just used 1 t.)
1 jar 24-28 oz spaghetti sauce (I use a different brand than the kind I use for spaghetti)
8 oz. macaroni shells


Saute the beef in a large pot. When the beef is about browned, put in celery, onion, carrot and tomatoes and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add all of the other ingredients and let simmer until the celery and carrots are tender. At least 1 hour. Makes 5 quarts (You might need to add a bit of water as it cooks).

Enjoy!!

No comments: