Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

Erin was out of school today, so the two of us went to the Veterans Day Parade. I was not thrilled about going, but it passes one block from my office and it was a beautiful day, so we did go. It is not an extremely exciting parade, but I am always glad I went once it is over. And hey, who doesn't love a parade?

Anyway, everytime I am at the Veterans Day Parade, I get this lump in my throat and my heart is so proud that I feel like it might bust! It is amazing. It happens everytime!! The sights of the men and women of our military marching with the cadence being called out, the vehicle with those who have received the Purple Heart, the vehicle with the WWII vets....I get a little teary-eyed recalling the sacrifice that has been made and is made everyday, so that my youngest daughter and I can sit there with no fear and honor these brave individuals. Trust me...I want them on that wall....I need them on that wall!  So, for all of those who have served, are serving, and will serve......Thank You!!!!










No comments: