Saturday, May 22, 2010

Be ready to be amazed....

and, if you have actually seen it, be ready to be very amazed!!!

So, if you know me very well, you know that I am a huge procrastinater!! I work better under pressure and with deadlines! Well, I had a big deadline this weekend! Several of the college kids wanted to stay in Huntsville for the summer. I told our campus minister we have an extra room, so Tynesha will be living with us this summer. This was her weekend to move in!!! Here is the "before" picture of the room she is staying in:





I know, I know, it is REALLY BAD!!!  And if you all were not friends and family, I might even be embarrassed.  You see, all of those clothes were supposed to be tagged and in a consignment sale.  It is about 7 years worth of cute kid clothes that I never got around to.  I have been watching the show "Hoarders" and was beginning to feel like I might end up on the show.  So, I decided to just donate everything to The Saving Way.

After two weeks of cleaning (and a little help from mom) ;-) I am proud to show the "after" pictures:






Yay!!! I love it!! The butterfly quilt was made by my grandmother.

Tynesha got here 15 minutes after I finished making the bed!! She is a lovely girl and I think we are really going to enjoy having her here!! (Everyone except Dexter!! He is still very uncertain about her!)

Anyway, after she moves out in August, Gramps & Grammie and Grandaddy & Gigi can come visit and not have to sleep in the storage room!!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm amazed! It looks great! Can I rent it after your student moves out?