Erin was selected by her teacher to "run" for student council representative for her class. There were 2 girls and 2 boys running and the class was going to select 1 girl and 1 boy. As we were working on her speech this weekend, I told her we needed to come up with something different. Amber suggested a rap. So, that is what she did. She started off her speech like she was reading a prepared speech from a sheet of paper, then she said "This is boring" and ripped the paper. She put on her sunglasses and cool hat and rapped the following:
Yo, Let me tell you
My name is Erin.
About Lynn Fanning
I'm really carin'.
We ain't no fools
here in 4th grade.
With my ideas
We have it made.
I've done my homework
I've done my prep.
It's time to vote me
Miss Cantrell's rep!
Word!
I had told her to be prepared for 1 of 2 reactions. Either everyone would start laughing and clapping or there would be crickets. She said that when she was rapping there were crickets, but when she was done there was thunderous applause. She won with 18 of 22 votes. I think they call that a landslide! Although I did have to convince her this morning that she HAD to vote for herself.
1 comment:
The next Sarah Palin...congrats, Erin!
Post a Comment