Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sickness has struck the Whiting Household!

Erin has the flu!! Erin began feeling bad last week. On Thursday she woke up with a low grade fever and a sore throat. I let her stay home from school. On Friday she woke up with a 102.8 fever and a really sore throat. I thought she had strep. We went to the doctor and they tested her for strep and flu. Strep-negative, flu-positive. The doctor said they assume that all flu now is swine flu. It hasn't been that bad. She just feels crummy. It looks like she may be out of school again tomorrow because she is running a low grade fever again.

Also, say a prayer for my grandmother (mom's mom). She is in the hospital. Last night the nurse gave her the wrong dosage in her sleep medicine. It was supposed to be .5 mg and they gave her 5 mg. It is nothing that will poison her, but she will probably not be able to wake up until tomorrow. They are going to look at her heart tomorrow and see what is going on.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

That's horrible about your grandma! I hope she is okay.

Jacob and I are both not feeling well. It's a long story, but I tried sending him to school this morning, but got a call before I had even made it to work. :-) So we are home.