Alright, this is the first serious post I have made, so you are about to get a glimpse of a very, scary place. :-)
I was reading a blog post this morning by someone I do not know. (Am I the only one that does that? Reads blogs of complete strangers. Don't know them. Will never meet them. Yet, I feel like I know them. Like we are close friends.) Anyway, this post (which I recommend you read at http://blog.cjanerun.com/2009/10/heavy-meal.html) really touched me this morning; and I can't quit thinking about it. It is so relevant to me and where I am in my life right now. The quote that struck me is:
"There is a point where a girl becomes a woman." She said. "A point where a woman becomes a female warrior. Where her life is no longer a game, it is a genuine battle. Not to survive only, but to survive and be strong."
I feel like that! Do you?! Like you are fighting a battle and each year that goes by on the calendar it becomes clearer and clearer as to what (and Who!) is important.
I have seen many female warriors who are battling. My mom is an incredible female warrior! She fights so hard. Taking care of family during extended illnesses. Visiting with church family who aren't coming or can't come to services. Always available. An amazing warrior. I have seen friends whose marriages are on the brink of destruction, but they draw their sword and battle back. Fighting for what they love, what they believe in, Who they believe in. These women have had an everlasting affect on me and for that I am grateful.
I am a female warrior in a battle for my life, my husband's life, my children's lives, my friends' lives. I will fight with them, beside them, and sometimes for them when they have been knocked down. When Satan is standing over them ready to devour them, I will stand in front and say "No, I will die before you devour them!"
It has taken me a long time to get to the point where I would lift my sword. Always taking a back seat; sitting on the sidelines. Always afraid. Never feeling comfortable in my skin. But, this isn't a game. It is a battle and I can not afford to sit and watch anymore. I think I am crossing that line from womanhood to warriorhood. There are things that I can say and do now that I would not have said or done even 5 years ago. I am grateful for the transition.
I love my life. I lost sight of that for a while when Satan was trying to make me focus on myself...what I use to be....who I use to be...why things were not turning out as I had planned. But, I'm back! I'm back with a vengence...sword drawn....kicking butt and taking names....A Female Warrior of God!
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that WHEN the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, AND AFTER YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING, TO STAND. Ephesians 6:13
I was reading a blog post this morning by someone I do not know. (Am I the only one that does that? Reads blogs of complete strangers. Don't know them. Will never meet them. Yet, I feel like I know them. Like we are close friends.) Anyway, this post (which I recommend you read at http://blog.cjanerun.com/2009/10/heavy-meal.html) really touched me this morning; and I can't quit thinking about it. It is so relevant to me and where I am in my life right now. The quote that struck me is:
"There is a point where a girl becomes a woman." She said. "A point where a woman becomes a female warrior. Where her life is no longer a game, it is a genuine battle. Not to survive only, but to survive and be strong."
I feel like that! Do you?! Like you are fighting a battle and each year that goes by on the calendar it becomes clearer and clearer as to what (and Who!) is important.
I have seen many female warriors who are battling. My mom is an incredible female warrior! She fights so hard. Taking care of family during extended illnesses. Visiting with church family who aren't coming or can't come to services. Always available. An amazing warrior. I have seen friends whose marriages are on the brink of destruction, but they draw their sword and battle back. Fighting for what they love, what they believe in, Who they believe in. These women have had an everlasting affect on me and for that I am grateful.
I am a female warrior in a battle for my life, my husband's life, my children's lives, my friends' lives. I will fight with them, beside them, and sometimes for them when they have been knocked down. When Satan is standing over them ready to devour them, I will stand in front and say "No, I will die before you devour them!"
It has taken me a long time to get to the point where I would lift my sword. Always taking a back seat; sitting on the sidelines. Always afraid. Never feeling comfortable in my skin. But, this isn't a game. It is a battle and I can not afford to sit and watch anymore. I think I am crossing that line from womanhood to warriorhood. There are things that I can say and do now that I would not have said or done even 5 years ago. I am grateful for the transition.
I love my life. I lost sight of that for a while when Satan was trying to make me focus on myself...what I use to be....who I use to be...why things were not turning out as I had planned. But, I'm back! I'm back with a vengence...sword drawn....kicking butt and taking names....A Female Warrior of God!
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that WHEN the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, AND AFTER YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING, TO STAND. Ephesians 6:13
3 comments:
Wonderful thoughts Misty. :) And you have a lovely blog!
Wow Misty! That was very encouraging. I think I needed to hear that. I think your right it is easy to sit on the sidelines, but that is not what Jesus wants us to do. He wants us to become that Female Warrior. Makes me want to start picking up my sword and kickin' some major butt right now! Thanks for "Shining your Light" with these wonderful words!
You forgot to add, "Misty was here....." ;-)
And please don't bring your butt-kickin' over here, because you're scaring me! Ha ha! :-)
But you go girl!
Post a Comment