Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh What A Difference A Day Makes

So, my previous post showed pictures of Amber on Sunday afternoon around 2:00. Here she is 24 hours later:



She had a really rough night Sunday night (which is when we went to the ER). They admitted her so she could receive breathing treatments every 4 hours. Here she is Monday receiving her treatment and after we got the computer up there:

She was officially diagnosed with viral pneumonia (walking pneumonia). The reason she was hospitalized is because she couldn't keep her oxygen levels up. They are supposed to be at least 90, but preferably upwards of 97. She was at an 83 in the ER and after 2 breathing treatments and a steroid shot, she only made it up to 89. The final straw that caused her to be admitted was an ABG test (blood withdrawn from the arteries) that showed her oxygen pressure levels at 50 and normal is 90. Everything happened so fast I keep trying to replay all of the decisions I made that night and analyzing which ones I would make differently. She is fine now. Dr. Stewart said she could go back to school tomorrow if she felt up to it, but Gigi and Grammie pulled the grandmother card and said she had to stay home another day.

Sorry I didn't keep everyone up to date, but everything happened so fast. I would appreciate your prayers that she is able to take it easy and not relapse.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh no! I wish you had called me so I could have at least prayed for her!

Misty said...

I know! I am so sorry! Everything just happened so quickly and there were a thousand things going on. Let's get together for lunch one day next week and I will tell you the whole horrible adventure.